Saturday 25 June 2016

Gurudas Kamat back in Congress after Sonia Gandhi meet

A fortnight after he resigned as AICC general secretary, Gurudas Kamat on Thursday took back his resignation, ostensibly after assurances from the high command that he would have a say in party affairs in Mumbai.In a statement, Kamat said that during the last fortnight several senior party leaders
tried to convince him to rethink his decision.“My meeting with Sonia Gandhi helped me make up my mind that the Congress is the best platform to serve the people of this country. I will continue to serve under the leadership of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi with the same charge of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, as informed to me late last night,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment